The NSER (National Socio-Economic Registry) New Survey initiative is now underway, aimed at identifying eligible individuals for inclusion in the Benazir Income Support Program administered by BISP. During a recent meeting, Shazia Murri, the Federal Minister of Benazir Income Support, announced the restart of the NSER survey, recognizing that it had been initiated quite some time ago.
The NSER survey involves representatives from the Benazir Income Support Program visiting households to gather essential information about their living conditions, property ownership, and monthly income. By compiling data on expenditures and income, a comprehensive NSER database is created, which serves as a basis for determining eligibility for the Benazir Income Support Program.
This survey addresses the fact that circumstances change over time; families that were once stable have now fallen into poverty’s grasp. Marital situations have also shifted, with many women now widowed and dependent on financial aid. Additionally, numerous students who qualify for assistance rely on this support to pursue their educational endeavors.
NSER Registration Process and Eligibility Check
Previously, a Benazir representative would visit homes to collect detailed information and enroll individuals in the program. Due to the growing number of enrolled households, the NSER survey method has evolved. Below are the steps to register for the NSER survey:
- Visit the Benazir Income Support office with your relevant information.
- Complete the provided form, providing essential details about your household situation and monthly income.
- Your information will be stored in the program’s records.
- Upon registration, you will receive information about your eligibility through an SMS on your mobile number.
- If eligible, visit the nearest center to collect the allocated funds.
- If issues arise, you can file a complaint at the Benazir Income Support office.
Eligibility Criteria for NSER Enrollment
To participate in the program, individuals must meet specific eligibility criteria:
- Eligibility is reserved for economically disadvantaged families.
- Those with limited monthly income and significant expenses are eligible.
- Widows are also eligible for inclusion.
- Government employment within the family disqualifies individuals from the program.
- Applicants planning to travel abroad are ineligible.
- A valid passport must not be held by the applicant.
Required Documents for Application
The following documents are necessary for program enrollment:
- National Identity Card
- Contact number registered with the National Identity Card
For widows seeking enrollment, submission of their husband’s death certificate to NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) is required.
Application and Eligibility Check Process
To join the program and determine eligibility, follow these steps:
- Provide your information to the Benazir Income Support Program.
- Eligibility will be verified, and you will be notified via SMS.
Checking Eligibility Through 8171
You can verify your eligibility by texting your National Identity Card number to 8171 from your own SIM card.
BISP Basic Information Required
|Contact Number||0800-26477, 051-9246326|
|Address||Benazir Income Support Program, Block F, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Pakistan|
|Registration Document Required||CNIC, B-Forms, Mobile No, Gas/Electricity Bill, Home Rent Agreement if Available.|